October 22, 2011

WHO'S THAT LADY? Greta Garbo or...



Inge? Inge who?


Greta Garbo, screen legend. One of the most beautiful, photogenic and famous women in the world:--my past, present and future inspiration.



Since I hate doing User Profiles, let's  have some fun with rare stills from Garbo's amazing career, her gorgeous face and, some factoids about moi: Garbomaniac par excellance.











Greta Garbo was born on September 18th. Me--- September 1st.  Zodiac sign: Virgo, sign of the thinker. I spend a lot of time musing, then go off and ponder some more.  I need a rehab program for  excessive thought, but it wouldn't take. I'm hooked.







 



Like Lisbeth Salander, in  The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, I have a photographic memory---both a blessing and a  curse. I seldom forget any thing or any one.  Cross my heart, I only use my powers for good.




I adore children...








Love art...







Artists...





Flowers...






Music...







and Writing.






Food and nutrition are vital.








Film fashion is my passion, and,
not-so-little black dresses tickle me pink.









I study the making of films: Cinematography





                                       

Directing, Acting and setting the mood with Music








I collect style and design materials from the movies.






Hair and make-up must be perfect before the shutter clicks or the camera rolls.





AND...



When all is said and done--I love the sea.





******************************

Above stills:

*   December 1934 PHOTOPLAY Cover of Greta Garbo: Earl Christy,
*   The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, 2009 poster,
*   Stills from classic Greta Garbo films, including the ones below:  
  


The Temptress, 1926



Flesh and the Devil, 1926




A Woman of Affairs, 1928




The Single Standard, 1929




The Kiss, 1929






Inspiration, 1931






No comments:

Post a Comment